We will be performing website system maintenance on Sunday, September 21 from 8-10:30am. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The African American Center is a collection of in-library-use materials that serves as an introduction to African American and African history and culture throughout the Black Diaspora.
Collections and Services Available
- Staff and information services available at the General Collections & Humanities Center desk
- Encarta Africana (CD ROM)
- African American Web Sites
- Decoding Identity: I Do It for My People
- The Hewitt Collection of African American Art: African American Artists from 1949-1998
- Readings on Slavery
- Double Exposure: African Americans Before and Behind the Camera
- African American Interest Urban/Contemporary Fiction
- Let Your Motto be Resistance: African American Portraits