- The Project Read office is currently closed in preparation for the opening of the new literacy center on the 5th floor of the Main Library in October 2014)
- From Monday, September 15 until the opening of the new literacy center, tutors and learners will be able to reach Project Read staff by telephone, email or by appointment.
- Project Read will be staffing the 6th floor computer room to offer training and assistance to Project Read participants during the following hours: 10:00-12:00 Monday and Thursday; 3:00-5:00 Tuesday.
This page will be updated as soon as we have an opening date for the new literacy and learning center.
Through Project Read, the adult literacy program of the San Francisco Public Library, professionally trained volunteer tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring to English-speaking adults who want to improve their basic reading and writing skills. Activities for enrolled adult learners with young children are offered through the Project Read Families for Literacy Program.
Collections and Services
- Introduction to Project Read
- How to become a volunteer tutor
- How to get free one-on-one tutoring
- Families for Literacy
- Computer lab
- Donate to Project Read