Meet Nyna Pais Caputi , the director of the film Petals In The Dust: The Endangered Indian Girls. She will discuss how age-old beliefs, intolerance and a preference for sons, combined with growing materialism and technology is leading to increased incidences of discrimination, violence and the horrific and tragic murder of millions of Indian girls and women in India. She will show a short trailer for the film, talk about the work of activists who are working to end the violence and take audience questions.Co-sponsored by the International Museum of Women.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- Thursday, August 6, 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Growing up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Saturday, August 8, 2015, 3:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room