Join us for the annual Crossroads Irish-American Festival. Viney Keehand and Friends will kick off the event at 1:00 with Irish music. It will be followed by the US premiere of the film, Nights in Shanaglish, a film about the making of a unique multi-media music album at Whelan's Pub in the South Galway village of Shanaglish. Nights in Shanaglish, directed and produced by Vincey Keehan of San Francisco (formerly of Shanaglish) and Paddy Egan. The film features song, music, story and dance documented during a series of recordings in Whelan's Pub in Shanaglish and is captured in a CD, DVD and old-style vinyl album. The film, created by documentary filmmaker Fergus Tighe (The Clash of the Ash), shows the connection between performers, pub owner, local characters, and the surrounding South Galway area. Footage of local landscape and historical lore provide a backdrop to these multimedia recordings. Q&A to follow with Vincey Keehan.
- 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Visions of Loveliness
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B