Longfellow Deeds lives in a small town in Vermont, writing poetry for greeting cards and playing the tuba in the town band. His contented life comes to a halt when he inherits a fortune from a distant uncle. Before long Deeds is living in the big city – and being preyed upon by an unscrupulous attorney and a hard-nosed reporter from a sensationalist daily newspaper. Fortunately, it’s hard to cheat an honest man!
Frank Capra directed this film, for which he won his second Best Director Academy Award. He delayed filming for six months until Gary Cooper became available to play Longfellow Deeds, as Cooper was his only choice for the role.
Black and white; 115 minutes.
- House of Temptation
- Sunday, July 27, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Films for Adults - A League of Their Own (1992)
- Monday, July 28, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Family Film: Monsters University
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area