Don Giovanni, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
'Psycho with a Seinfeldian Twist'
A master seducer - at least in his own mind - fails to seduce anybody. And when he invites a statue to dinner, things simply get worse - he is dragged down by demons to hell. And the remaining characters, self-absorbed as always, barely notice.
"Opera for the People" is a lecture series run by Larry Oppenheim. He is President of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra in the East Bay, where he is co-principal oboe and solo English horn, and writes the program notes. Larry's goal is to make classical music more enjoyable and accessible to "all the people".
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing?
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- How to sing like Pavarotti By Colin Hsi
- Sunday, September 27, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B