Don Giovanni, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
'Psycho with a Seinfeldian Twist'
A master seducer - at least in his own mind - fails to seduce anybody. And when he invites a statue to dinner, things simply get worse - he is dragged down by demons to hell. And the remaining characters, self-absorbed as always, barely notice.
"Opera for the People" is a lecture series run by Larry Oppenheim. He is President of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra in the East Bay, where he is co-principal oboe and solo English horn, and writes the program notes. Larry's goal is to make classical music more enjoyable and accessible to "all the people".
- Phonographic Memory: Bridging Generations and Genres
- Thursday, May 26, 2016, 6:15 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Six Roses
- Saturday, June 4, 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 10:30 am