Make Way for Tomorrow
Not Rated; 91 minutes; 1937
A sensitive portrait of an elderly couple in financial difficulty, forced to ‘temporarily’ separate when none of their five children will take in both parents. This film served as inspiration for Ozu’s Tokyo Story.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room