Atticus Finch, the most respected lawyer in a Depression-era small Southern town, defends a black man against an undeserved rape charge. Based on Harper Lee's Pulitzer Prize-winning autobiographical novel, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the most highly acclaimed and hard-hitting films of all time. The AFI named Atticus Finch the greatest movie hero of the 20th century, the widowed father of Scout and Jem, calmly confronting racial hatred, an all-white jury, and a lynch mob.
To Kill a Mockingbird won Academy Awards for Best Actor (Gregory Peck), Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Art Direction. 94% Rotten Tomatoes rating.
1962; Not rated: Not a film for children; 130 minutes; Popcorn!
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Friday Matinee: Mansfield Park
- Friday, February 12, 2016, 2:00 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Watch The Notebook, Eat Chocolate and Cry.
- Saturday, February 13, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Film Screening of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 5:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room