Atticus Finch, the most respected lawyer in a Depression-era small Southern town, defends a black man against an undeserved rape charge. Based on Harper Lee's Pulitzer Prize-winning autobiographical novel, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the most highly acclaimed and hard-hitting films of all time. The AFI named Atticus Finch the greatest movie hero of the 20th century, the widowed father of Scout and Jem, calmly confronting racial hatred, an all-white jury, and a lynch mob.
To Kill a Mockingbird won Academy Awards for Best Actor (Gregory Peck), Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Art Direction. 94% Rotten Tomatoes rating.
1962; Not rated: Not a film for children; 130 minutes; Popcorn!
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Movie: Back to the future
- Sunday, July 24, 2016, 2:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Films for Adults: Ministry of Fear
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Teen Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room