Online training & education
- Books24x7 (Skillsoft)
- Books24x7 has more than 13,500 full-text technology and business eBooks from 210 publishers, plus 25,000 IT and Desktop Video tutorials from industry experts.
- Live homework help with one on one expert tutors. Every day 1-10pm.
- Career Online High School
- Adult learners earn an accredited high school diploma as well as a career certificate in one of eight high-demand career fields.
- Classes at the Library
- Classes and workshops regularly taught by staff at the Library.
- Computer Tutorials and Job Skills
- Job seeking computer skills, basics about computers and the Internet, email, social media, surfing the web, and search engines.
- Computing and IT Books (Safari Techbooks Online)
- Full-text online access to over 4000 computing, IT, and management titles that you can read online.
- Financial Literacy (Rosen Publishing)
- Personal and household finance, and money management made easy to understand with interactive calculators for budgeting, mortgage repayment, loans, and savings and retirement.
- Gale Courses
- Wide range of highly interactive courses entirely over the Internet. Courses are led by expert instructors, and free with your San Francisco Public Library card.
- Jobs & Careers Resources
- Practical information on topics such as job-hunting skills, choosing an occupation, education sources and employment agencies.
- Language Learning
- Language and ESL courses with gradual immersion, using real-life situations and actual conversations to effectively teach a new language
- Learning Express
- Practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information you need to achieve the results you want—at school, at work, or in life.
- Online learning platform for business, software, technology, and creative skills. Learners watch video instruction from recognized industry experts.
- Videos, projects and quizzes teach design and development of websites and mobile apps, coding languages, and basic computing.