Start your Cinco de Mayo festivities early! A truly popular art form, the glamorous paintings of Mexican calendar girls have a long and fascinating history—as advertisements, promotional gifts, and emblems of Mexican cultural heritage and pride. Program will include a brief film on the subject, and a lecture by guest speaker Angela Villalba, author of Mexican calendar girls : golden age of calendar art, 1930-1960.
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Ghosts, Sinners & Secret Places
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 2:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Dia de los Muertos Crafts
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 3:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.