Join us for an illustrated lecture with Luca Barcellona, calligrapher and graphic designer from Milan, Italy. Barcellona got his start as a graffiti artist, then went on to incorporate these skills into a formal calligraphic career. The alphabet is the main ingredient of his exciting graphic interpretations. His lettering has been used by companies such as Carhartt, Nike, Sony BMG, and Volvo; his work has also been exhibited in Milan, Australia, and The Netherlands. He recently published an illustrated survey of his work, titled Take Your Pleasure Seriously.
Presented by Book Arts & Special Collection, Friends of Calligraphy, with support by the Friends of the Library.
Calligraphy by Luca Barcellona
- 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Visions of Loveliness
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B