Based at the Presidio in San Francisco, Buffalo Soldiers were assigned to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks where they patrolled the backcountry, built trails, stopped poaching, and otherwise served in the roles later assumed by National Park rangers. In observance of Black History Month, Ranger Frederik Penn will discuss the importance of the Buffalo Soldiers to the management of the National Parks and to the legacy of African Americans in the post-Civil War era. In this presentation, he will display historic photographs and explore this multi-layered and multi-faceted, yet seldom told, story.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, December 5, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Little Miss Sunshine
- Thursday, December 8, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Medicare: Everything You Always Wanted to Know,
- Thursday, December 8, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Microsoft Word: Basic Skills
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 12:30 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room