Based at the Presidio in San Francisco, Buffalo Soldiers were assigned to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks where they patrolled the backcountry, built trails, stopped poaching, and otherwise served in the roles later assumed by National Park rangers. In observance of Black History Month, Ranger Frederik Penn will discuss the importance of the Buffalo Soldiers to the management of the National Parks and to the legacy of African Americans in the post-Civil War era. In this presentation, he will display historic photographs and explore this multi-layered and multi-faceted, yet seldom told, story.
- 50th Commemoration of the Bayview Uprising 1966
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 3:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Saturday, October 1, 2016, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Online Job Search & Digital Economy Opportunities
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 9:30 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- WeChat 101
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area