Capoeira Angola can be described as a cultural weapon, a martial art, a dance, a spiritual tradition, a philosophy, and a game played to the rhythm of percussion instruments and call response songs. Celebrate Black History Month by using your body to learn this exciting and beautiful tradition from the African Diaspora, and join us for movement, fun games, and role playing that introduce participants to special violence prevention techniques.
Space limited to first 20 participants to arrive. For Ages 5-12
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Asheba: Musical Storyteller
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 10:30 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Long Walk Home
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Asheba, Musical Storyteller
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 12:30 pmAnza, Anza General Floor Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.