Don Giovanni, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: 'Psycho with a Seinfeldian Twist'
A master seducer - at least in his own mind - fails to seduce anybody. And when he invites a statue to dinner, things simply get worse - he is dragged down by demons to hell. And the remaining characters, self-absorbed as always, barely notice.
"Opera for the People" is a lecture series run by Larry Oppenheim. Larry is currently President of the Kensington Symphony Orchestra in the East Bay, where he is co-principal oboe and solo English horn. He also writes the program notes. Larry's goal is to make classical music more enjoyable and accessible to "all the people".
Each opera in this lecture series is being performed by local companies (Pocket Opera or San Francisco Opera), close to the times of the lectures. Check out the opera with your newfound knowledge!
- Learn to Belly Dance!
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 1:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Tricycle Music Fest: The Gustafer Yellowgold Show
- Sunday, October 30, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 10:30 am