Cat Shimizu, the "breaducator" from Sour Flour —a Mission District bakery dedicated to neighborly bread gifting and bread education— will talk about the art and science of making bread using a sourdough starter. This includes how to feed and take care of your own starter, and how different factors such as time, temperature, and starter hydration affect the fermentation process. And why the "indigenous microflora" in the starter culture improve the flavor, nutrition and storage properties of bread. Samples and suggested reading will help get you started on a fun, healthy and delicious new adventure in baking.
- Tiptoeing through the Twilight Zone
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Friday, August 22, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Conversational English Language Group
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.