Step to Poetry is a colorful literary art installation on the Main Library's staircase written by WritersCorps youth. The youth, who range in age from 12 to 19, attend an afterschool workshop run by WritersCorps at the Main Library. The installation will be on view from May 10 through June 10, and consists of nine brief poems about popular culture.
A launch event will take place on Friday, May 17 at 6 pm, featuring a stair crawl from the first to fifth floors with WritersCorps youth performing their poems along the way. Space is limited and an RSVP to the event is required as the event takes place after library hours. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 252-2546.
- Saturday, August 2, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Destiny Arts teaches you salsa basics
- Thursday, August 7, 2014Ingleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- BAVC The Factory's 10th Anniversary Screening
- Wednesday, August 13, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium