A creative writing workshop dedicated to exploring and writing about your daily life in an urban environment.
During the session, we will engage with a range of different exercises for boosting both observational skills and creative writing, in order to expand the way we think and write about our lives within the city. We will focus on physical spaces, personal landmarks, and the way we each navigate through the landscape of San Francisco and its multiple languages and idioms.
We'll also be considering how different languages map these spaces in different ways. Bilingual speakers especially welcome!
Please contact the branch to sign up in advance.
Pireeni Sundaralingam is dedicated to examining the confluence of science and art. Educated at the University of Oxford , she has held scientific research posts at MIT, UCLA and Oxford and is editor of Indivisible, the first national anthology of South Asian American poets (University of Arkansas Press, 2010), winner of the 2011 N. California Book Award.
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Friday, August 22, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 25, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Conversational English Language Group
- Tuesday, August 26, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room