An exhibit of works by local artist William Rhodes featuring several pieces created using reclaimed materials, such as wood and glass, deeply informed by the theme of water and its relationship with people of the African Diaspora.
Mr. Rhodes’ artistic aesthetic has been informed by his travels to African and non-Western countries. The people, art, and cultures of these societies have inspired Mr. Rhodes to consider non-Western approaches to furniture and art, and to create utilitarian objects that are works of art.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Bayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Monday, February 2, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room