Discover the unknown cuisine of the Chinese nomads, known as the Hakka. Linda Lau Anusasananan, author of The Hakka Cookbook: Chinese Soul Food from around the World, talks about her journey to find her Hakka identity through food.
Linda Lau Anusasananan formerly worked as a food writer and recipe editor for 34 years at Sunset Magazine. There she created and tested thousands of recipes and wrote stories for the home cook. Her work has also appeared in Cooking Light, Yoga Journal, and Flavor and Fortune. For more information about the book, visit: http://TheHakkaCookbook.com
A book sale and signing will follow the program. Cash or check only.
This presentation will be in English.
- An Evening of Poetry With Daphne Gottlieb
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Radar Reading Series
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- In Sickness As In Health:
- Saturday, March 22, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area