Join us for an illustrated lecture with Luca Barcellona, calligrapher and graphic designer from Milan, Italy. Barcellona got his start as a graffiti artist, then went on to incorporate these skills into a formal calligraphic career. The alphabet is the main ingredient of his exciting graphic interpretations. His lettering has been used by companies such as Carhartt, Nike, Sony BMG, and Volvo; his work has also been exhibited in Milan, Australia, and The Netherlands. He recently published an illustrated survey of his work, titled Take Your Pleasure Seriously.
Presented by Book Arts & Special Collection, Friends of Calligraphy, with support by the Friends of the Library.
Calligraphy by Luca Barcellona
- Intersecting Film, Music and Queerness
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, 6:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- Sunday, October 9, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area