Cat Shimizu, the "breaducator" from Sour Flour —a Mission District bakery dedicated to neighborly bread gifting and bread education— will talk about the art and science of making bread using a sourdough starter.
This includes how to feed and take care of your own starter, and how different factors such as time, temperature, and starter hydration affect the fermentation process. Samples and suggested reading will help get you started on a fun and healthy new adventure in baking.
- Noe Valley Knitting Circle
- Saturday, August 2, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Friday, August 8, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Tiptoeing through the Twilight Zone
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Conversational English Language Group
- Tuesday, August 5, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- e-Reader Drop-In
- Friday, August 8, 2014North Beach, North Beach General Floor Area