Cat Shimizu, the "breaducator" from Sour Flour —a Mission District bakery dedicated to neighborly bread gifting and bread education— will talk about the art and science of making bread using a sourdough starter. This includes how to feed and take care of your own starter, and how different factors such as time, temperature, and starter hydration affect the fermentation process. And why the "indigenous microflora" in the starter culture improve the flavor, nutrition and storage properties of bread. Samples and suggested reading will help get you started on a fun, healthy and delicious new adventure in baking.
- NERT Readiness Workshop
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- Russeller Watercolor Group
- Friday, May 2, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Toddler Tales
- Monday, May 5, 2014Marina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Creative Writing Workshop
- Thursday, April 24, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Excavating Memory
- Saturday, April 26, 2014Main Library, Paley Room - Floor 3
- Digital Drop-In (English & Japanese)
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.