Tomboy by Celine Sciamma
Laure is 10 years old and a tomboy. On arrival in a new neighborhood, she lets Lisa and her crowd believe that she is a boy. Summer becomes a big playground and Laure pretends to be Mikael, a boy like the others, different enough to get the attention of Lisa, who falls in love with him. Laure takes advantage of her new identity as if the end of the summer would never reveal her unsettling secret. Audience Award, Best Feature, SF International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (2012, 84 min. French with English subtitles)
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Films for Adults: The Heiress
- Monday, July 27, 2015, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Share Your Expertise at The Mix
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 10:00 amMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Videos & the Artist Books
- Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.