Tomboy by Celine Sciamma
Laure is 10 years old and a tomboy. On arrival in a new neighborhood, she lets Lisa and her crowd believe that she is a boy. Summer becomes a big playground and Laure pretends to be Mikael, a boy like the others, different enough to get the attention of Lisa, who falls in love with him. Laure takes advantage of her new identity as if the end of the summer would never reveal her unsettling secret. Audience Award, Best Feature, SF International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (2012, 84 min. French with English subtitles)
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
See Queerest.Library.Ever. sfpl.org/hormelat20 for related online exhibits, archives, and resources.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Waiting for Guffman (1996)
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:00 pm
- *CANCELLED: San Francisco, the city that knows how
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 5:45 pm
- About Time - Audio Described Film
- Friday, October 28, 2016, 2:00 pm
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.