This intergenerational presentation will showcase poetry and memoirs about the imprisonment of over 120,000 Japanese Americans in prison camps during World War II. Brian Komei Dempster--a third-generation Sansei--will read poems from his debut collection, Topaz, which looks at the lasting effects of wartime incarceration on his maternal family and younger generations. Along with Dempster, a group of former camp prisoners and mainly second-generation Nisei writers--Florence Ohmura Dobashi, Sato Hashizume, and Daisy Satoda--will present their first-person stories. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Cervantes Lives!
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, 3:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Talk by Mr. Wang Meng : My 16-Year Exile in Xinjiang
- Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- San Francisco Neon Authors Talk
- Thursday, September 22, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B