Local author and jazz drummer, Dan Caro, shares excerpts from his book, The Gift of Fire: How I Made Adversity Work For Me, in addition to stories of writing his debut work. You will be inspired as Dan demonstrates, in spite of losing his hands and fingers from a childhood burn accident, his drumming abilities in a live music performance. This is an event not to miss!
- Open Books: Francisco Xavier Alarcόn
- Tuesday, May 26, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Open Books: Jeff Hobbs
- Thursday, May 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, June 1, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room