Tim Holt performs and plays songs from the musical "Nice Work If You Can Get It," including " 'S Wonderful" and "Do Do Do," as well as selections from "Porgy & Bess" and other works by the Gershwin brothers, George & Ira. He will discuss their contributions to American popular music and give a behind-the-scenes look at how they wove music and words seamlessly together.
Tim will also discuss the work of other great composers from that era: Harold Arlen ("Somewhere Over The Rainbow"), Irving Berlin ("Cheek To Cheek") and Jerome Kern ("'Ol' Man River").
As in his other programs, Tim encourages audience members to celebrate our musical heritage by singing right along with him.
The multi-talented Tim Holt is also the author of Songs of the Simple Life (2001), a compendium of rustic wisdom.
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Thursday, February 26, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area
- Jazz Duo Workshop by Six Roses
- Friday, February 27, 2015Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Friday, February 27, 2015Parkside, Parkside Teen's Area