Tim Holt performs and plays songs from the musical "Nice Work If You Can Get It," including " 'S Wonderful" and "Do Do Do," as well as selections from "Porgy & Bess" and other works by the Gershwin brothers, George & Ira. He will discuss their contributions to American popular music and give a behind-the-scenes look at how they wove music and words seamlessly together.
Tim will also discuss the work of other great composers from that era: Harold Arlen ("Somewhere Over The Rainbow"), Irving Berlin ("Cheek To Cheek") and Jerome Kern ("'Ol' Man River").
As in his other programs, Tim encourages audience members to celebrate our musical heritage by singing right along with him.
The multi-talented Tim Holt is also the author of Songs of the Simple Life (2001), a compendium of rustic wisdom.
- Alison Faith Levy
- Saturday, December 20, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, December 20, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, December 22, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, December 21, 2014Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Heart/Mind Meditation
- Tuesday, December 23, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, December 24, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room