High Times in San Francisco is a community event providing the public the opportunity to participate in scholarly research of African Americans in San Francisco by helping identify and catalog several collections of photographs covering the neighborhoods of the Western Addition, and Bayview/Hunters Point. These photos provide a unique glimpse of black San Francisco in the period before the events of Jonestown/People’s Temple and the crack and AIDS epidemic.
- One Teacher in Ten
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- From Soapbox to San Quentin:
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Natalie Baszile Book Talk and Discussion
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room