The exhibition Linedrives and Lipstick, celebrates the legends and landmarks of the dedicated women athletes who hit, fielded, slid, and caught with passion.
Opening event: Sunday, January 26, Main Library, Koret auditorium, come meet baseball scholars David Block, Jean Ardell, Dorothy Mills, Leslie Heaphy and Monica Nucciarone as they discuss the history of women in baseball.
A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
The exhibition is toured by Exhibits USA, a national program of the Mid-America Arts Alliance and co-sponsored by the Lefty O'Doul Chapter, Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) and Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
- Art in Action: How It’s Done
- Friday, March 7, 2014Main Library, Music Center
- Movie: Madame Curie
- Saturday, March 8, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room
- The Evolving Chinese Dress, 1909-1973
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.