An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Puppy Dog Tales with Oliver!
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Marble Machine Tinkering
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B