An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- íCervantes Vive!
- Sábado 10 de Septiembre de 2016, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Talk by Mr. Wang Meng : My 16-Year Exile in Xinjiang
- Martes 13 de Septiembre de 2016, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- San Francisco Neon Authors Talk
- Jueves 22 de Septiembre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B