An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Author Talk: Working Stiff
- Miércoles 28 de Enero de 2015Ortega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones
- Legendary Locals of the Richmond, Sunset, and Golden Gate Park
- Miércoles 28 de Enero de 2015Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Open Books: Alev Croutier
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B