Meet and hear the noted Cuban poet, essayist, editor, critic and cultural figure Nancy Morejón. Morejón is the author of numerous books of poetry and critical essays. She is currently the editor of UNION the journal of the Union of Artists and Writers of Cuba (UNEAC) and is also the past recipient of Cuba’s National Poetry Prize. A short film by professor and film maker Juanamaria Cordones-Cook on Morejón’s poem “I Love My Master” will also be shown. The program will be in English and Spanish. Hosted by Tony Ryan of The Turquino Project, the Friends of the San Francisco Public Library and the friends of Nancy Morejón in the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walt Whitman: America's Poet of the Open Road
- Martes 23 de Septiembre de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Walt Whitman
- Miércoles 24 de Septiembre de 2014Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Poetry Reading by Chun Yu
- Sábado 27 de Septiembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.