|12 - 5||10 - 6||9 - 8||9 - 8||9 - 8||12 - 6||10 - 6|
Collections and Services
The BankAmerica Foundation Jobs & Careers Center is a circular, wood-paneled room full of books that can be checked out with practical information on topics such as job-hunting skills, career exploration, education sources and employment agencies.
The room includes study tables and wifi access for individual use (though not for meetings in order to maintain a quiet setting).
Our helpful librarians will offer information services about jobs and careers at the Business, Science and Technology Center reference desk on the 4th floor of the Main Library.
Jobs & Careers Resources - a one-stop portal to explore!Career Guidance for Teens listSee the full Career and life skills for Introverts listSee the full Soft Skills for Job Seekers listSee the full Gigs, Part-time, Contract, Freelance or New Free Agent Entrepreneur: Work in the New Economy list
Helpful resources online accessible through the library's online catalog terminals:
- California Occupational Guides
- Employment Development Department
- JobStar Resume Guide
- Government Jobs: City & County of San Francisco
- Government Jobs: State of California
- Government Jobs: United States
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O-Net (Dictionary of Occupational Titles)
- Coding Drop-In Lab
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- How to Start a Career in Tech
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 3:00 pm
- Career Coaching
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Business, Science & Technology
- Résumé Workshop
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:00 am
- Job Searching with Social Media
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 6:00 pm
- Let Us Amaze You! Useful Tools for Your Job Search
- Wednesday, August 10, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.