The Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) program, part of the Government Information Center, offers help with the searching of patents and trademarks. The PTRC program also provides free access to patent and trademark resources received from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Collections and Services Available
- Current Patent and Trademark Office publications, and regulations
- USPTO Patent Full-Text Database
- Official Gazette of the Patent & Trademark Office,1872 to 2002
- Indexes to historical patents and trademarks
- Annual Report of the Commissioner of Patents, 1790 to 1925, 1949 to 1983
- US Trademark Searching
- Common Law Trademark Sources
Intellectual Property Resources
- Inventors Assistance Center (IAC)
- 7 Step U.S. Patent Search Strategy Guide (PDF under 1M)
- Copyright Office, a department of the Library of Congress and unaffliated with the United States Patent and Trademark office. Copyright registration forms are here.
- Copyright and Fair Use at Stanford
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Creative Commons