The Government Information Center participates in the Patent and Trademark Resource Center program as overseen by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). Patrons seeking the fundamentals of searching for patents or trademarks may be found here. The PTRC also provides the Government Information Center with access to patent and trademark resources received from the USPTO.
Collections and Services Available
- Current Patent and Trademark Office publications, and regulations
- USPTO Patent Full-Text Database
- Official Gazette of the Patent & Trademark Office,1872 to 2002
- Indexes to historical patents and trademarks
- Annual Report of the Commissioner of Patents, 1790 to 1925, 1949 to 1983
- US Trademark Searching
- Common Law Trademark Sources
Intellectual Property Resources
- Inventors Assistance Center (IAC)
- 7 Step U.S. Patent Search Strategy Guide (PDF under 1M)
- Copyright Office, a department of the Library of Congress and unaffliated with the United States Patent and Trademark office. Copyright registration forms are here.
- Copyright and Fair Use at Stanford
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- Creative Commons