- 12 - 5
- 10 - 6
- 9 - 8
- 9 - 8
- 9 - 8
- 12 - 6
- 10 - 6
Private, glass-enclosed study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis; reservations are not accepted. You can sign in for an available study room at the Page Desks on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors.
These rooms are intended primarily for one-hour study sessions for a broad number of library users, and are not intended for multi-hour use. If an arriving user requests a room and your party has been in a study room for an hour or more, you may be asked to release the room. If you would like another session, your party is free to seek an available room on another floor; Page Desk staff can also call to check availability for you. To encourage the broadest possible use of the rooms, we ask that you limit your party’s signup on a given floor to once per day.
All times are according to the Library’s clock.
Other things to know about the study rooms:
- Study rooms are designed to hold two people. Maximum allowed occupancy is three people.
- If you leave the room for an absence during your session, please:
- Close the door behind you. Do not prop the door open.
- Take all valuables with you. The Library and its staff are not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of any personal items left unattended.
- Advise the Page Desk staff. An empty room may be considered available and may be reassigned, unless you let us know that you’re going to return.
- Be aware that the clock is not paused for any absences or breaks taken during your session.
- Check back in at the Page Desk to re-enter the study room
- Be aware that any unattended items left in a room beyond the one hour session may be removed and held by Security staff.
- Please advise the Page Desk staff when finished with your session.
Rules for Use of Library Meeting Rooms
(Please read rules before completing application)
Applications for Use of Library Meeting Rooms
Community Use (At least 6 people)
(Please complete applications online by filling/typing in all data fields. Print, sign, date, and submit by fax and/or mail with contact information below.)
Note: These PDF forms do not save data and can not be submitted online.San Francisco Public Library
c/o Public Affairs - Meeting Rooms
100 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102 415-557-4281 (fax)