Free use of a typewriter is available in the typewriter room on the 5th floor of the Main Library. Please sign up in person at the 5th floor paging desk.
- The Typewriter Room is used on a first come, first served basis, limited to 60 minutes per person when others are waiting.
- Sign-up is required in person at the 5th Floor Paging Desk. Advance sign-up is not available.
- The typewriter brands are Nakajima or Adler (electronic and self-correcting). The font is 12-pica Times New Roman.
- Typewriters have correction tape, because correction fluid (such as White-Out) can cause damage. Please do not use correction fluid on paper inserted into the typewriters.
- The Typewriter Room door must remain closed while in use.
- The Typewriter Room closes 15 minutes before Library closing time.
- Typewriters occasionally break down. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. If possible, a malfunctioning typewriter will be replaced. No extensions to the 60-minute time limit per person will be given if others are waiting.