"The Stegner Environmental Center presents an exclusive sneak preview screening of the new feature documentary FRESH, opening in San Francisco and Bay Area theaters October 1st. More than a film, FRESH is about inspiration -- not scare tactics -- portraying the rising movement of people and communities across America who are re-inventing our food system, featuring profiles of farmers, thinkers and business leaders such as UC Berkeley Professor of Journalism, author Michael Pollan, and farmer Joel Salatin, both last seen in the 2009 Oscar-nominated film Food, Inc. This advance Public Library screening will also include details on a series of special events and volunteer opportunities promoting local eating and sustainable agriculture in October that will coincide with the Bay Area premiere of FRESH.
This is a Green Stacks program and sponsored by the Stegner Environmental Center.
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Film: Fire and Ice
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Film: Islands of Sanctuary
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium