A panel discussion featuring participants from the Golden Voices
project as well as oral historians Angela Zusman and Nancy MacKay discussing the collection and archiving of oral histories. A San Francisco History Center program.
Related exhibition: Golden Voices: Life Stories of San Francisco Seniors, on view though August 25, display cases outside San Francisco History Center, 6th Floor, Main Library.
San Francisco seniors share their unique life stories and experiences of love, laughter, hardships, persistence and change, in video and photos. Learn about being one of the first male professional ballet dancers in Wales; living in the Philippines in the aftermath of World War II; organizing San Francisco’s first international film festival; changes in San Francisco neighborhoods over the years; and much more.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 31, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 2:30 pmMarina, Marina General Floor Area
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge
- Thursday, September 3, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, August 30, 2015, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Basic Computer Class
- Monday, August 31, 2015, 11:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room