The Sex Pistols' final concert at Winterland in '78 unofficially declared, "Punk is dead." Before MTV appropriated punk/new-wave fashion, San Francisco was home to some of the best emerging artists in the world. Mabuhay Gardens, Deaf Club, and Club Foot were just a few of places where it was going down. This special evening of films and live performance includes actor/musician Richard Edson, Christian Marclay's Bachelors Even, Bruce Geduldig's "Childhood Prostitute" (starring JoJo Planteen from Inflatable Boy Clams) and much, much more. Presented in conjunction with the exhibition, CLUB FOOT: Moving in the Direction Of History - Artifacts from SF's Art Punk Cabaret, on view in the Art, Music and Recreation Center, Fourth Floor, Main Library, June 5-Aug. 5.
Opening Night, photo credit: Ellen Curley
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Ponyo
- Thursday, April 28, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- School Age Films
- Thursday, April 28, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- NOTE TIME: 7 pm / The History of Golden Gate Park
- Thursday, April 28, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area