The Sex Pistols' final concert at Winterland in '78 unofficially declared, "Punk is dead." Before MTV appropriated punk/new-wave fashion, San Francisco was home to some of the best emerging artists in the world. Mabuhay Gardens, Deaf Club, and Club Foot were just a few of places where it was going down. This special evening of films and live performance includes actor/musician Richard Edson, Christian Marclay's Bachelors Even, Bruce Geduldig's "Childhood Prostitute" (starring JoJo Planteen from Inflatable Boy Clams) and much, much more. Presented in conjunction with the exhibition, CLUB FOOT: Moving in the Direction Of History - Artifacts from SF's Art Punk Cabaret, on view in the Art, Music and Recreation Center, Fourth Floor, Main Library, June 5-Aug. 5.
Opening Night, photo credit: Ellen Curley
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- A View to a Kill
- Saturday, October 4, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room