The International Center of San Francisco Public Library in association with the Russian Life Newspaper presents a cultural program featuring a new book and a talk by the visiting Russian historian Dr. Amir Khisamutdinov. Covering about 200 years, Russian San Francisco serves as a guidebook to the places in and around San Francisco that are connected with the rich cultural history of the Russian community in its various stages. Why did the Russians make San Francisco their home? How have they been preserving their identity and language? The book is based on over 15 years of both field and archival research, and includes valuable personal observations.
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- Sunday, October 9, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room