The International Center of San Francisco Public Library in association with the Russian Life Newspaper presents a cultural program featuring a new book and a talk by the visiting Russian historian Dr. Amir Khisamutdinov. Covering about 200 years, Russian San Francisco serves as a guidebook to the places in and around San Francisco that are connected with the rich cultural history of the Russian community in its various stages. Why did the Russians make San Francisco their home? How have they been preserving their identity and language? The book is based on over 15 years of both field and archival research, and includes valuable personal observations.
- March of the Suffragettes
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- We're All Terminal
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Where Do Archives Come From?
- Thursday, November 17, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B