The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A booksigning and Q & A will follow a screening of the feature film.
Contact: Gretchen Good, Art Music and Recreation
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Teen Afternoon Film: Tomorrowland
- Saturday, June 25, 2016, 2:00 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Films for Adults
- Monday, June 27, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- ATA @ SFPL: Experience Reel Cinema
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 6:30 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room