The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A booksigning and Q & A will follow a screening of the feature film.
Contact: Gretchen Good, Art Music and Recreation
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Triplets of Belleville
- Thursday, May 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Film: Godzilla
- Saturday, May 30, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Films for Adults: Lady From Shanghai
- Monday, June 1, 2015Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room