The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A booksigning and Q & A will follow a screening of the feature film.
Contact: Gretchen Good, Art Music and Recreation
- Films for Adults - In Bruges (2008)
- Monday, April 21, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Chinese Movie: Confucius
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- The Artist
- Thursday, April 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium