The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A booksigning and Q & A will follow a screening of the feature film.
Contact: Gretchen Good, Art Music and Recreation
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Waiting for Guffman (1996)
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 12:00 pm
- *CANCELLED: San Francisco, the city that knows how
- Thursday, October 27, 2016, 5:45 pm
- About Time - Audio Described Film
- Friday, October 28, 2016, 2:00 pm