The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A booksigning and Q & A will follow a screening of the feature film.
Contact: Gretchen Good, Art Music and Recreation
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room