The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A booksigning and Q & A will follow a screening of the feature film.
Contact: Gretchen Good, Art Music and Recreation
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Ali
- Thursday, February 23, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Month - 16 mm Film Fest!
- Thursday, February 23, 2017, 6:00 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- Friday, February 24, 2017, 3:45 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room