The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and best-selling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a literary sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of the Diary of a Lost Girl, will discuss the book’s remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed film. A book signing will follow a screening of the feature film.
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmPark 分館, Park 分館會議室
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室
- Family Film: Zootopia (2016)
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 3:00 pmNorth Beach 分館, North Beach分館