This full length docudrama (103 minutes, in English with Chinese subtitles, 2007) made for the 20th anniversary of the Nanking massacre, tells the compelling and courageous life story of Iris Chang, a young woman who at age 26 dedicated her life to teaching the world about the forgotten holocaust in World War II. Her book, The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II, was a New York Times bestseller and spurred Iris’ campaign to tell the world this story. Sadly, deeply affected by her research and the toll of her work, Iris took her own life in 2004. The film’s interweaving of documentary footage, survivor interviews, and archival details provide a wealth of important information about this brave and intelligent woman.
- Film Night: Eat Drink Man Woman
- Martes 3 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Teen Movie: Mockingjay Pt.2
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Thursdays at Noon films - Desk Set
- Jueves 5 de Mayo de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret