This full length docudrama (103 minutes, in English with Chinese subtitles, 2007) made for the 20th anniversary of the Nanking massacre, tells the compelling and courageous life story of Iris Chang, a young woman who at age 26 dedicated her life to teaching the world about the forgotten holocaust in World War II. Her book, The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II, was a New York Times bestseller and spurred Iris’ campaign to tell the world this story. Sadly, deeply affected by her research and the toll of her work, Iris took her own life in 2004. The film’s interweaving of documentary footage, survivor interviews, and archival details provide a wealth of important information about this brave and intelligent woman.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Women
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Teen Movie: Despicable Me 2
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones