This full length docudrama (103 minutes, in English with Chinese subtitles, 2007) made for the 20th anniversary of the Nanking massacre, tells the compelling and courageous life story of Iris Chang, a young woman who at age 26 dedicated her life to teaching the world about the forgotten holocaust in World War II. Her book, The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust of World War II, was a New York Times bestseller and spurred Iris’ campaign to tell the world this story. Sadly, deeply affected by her research and the toll of her work, Iris took her own life in 2004. The film’s interweaving of documentary footage, survivor interviews, and archival details provide a wealth of important information about this brave and intelligent woman.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Ali
- 星期四, 2017年2月23日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Black History Month - 16 mm Film Fest!
- 星期四, 2017年2月23日, 6:00 pmPotrero 分館, Potrero 分館會議室
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- 星期五, 2017年2月24日, 3:45 pmBayview 分館, Bayview 會議室