This program will feature an eclectic collection of lettering from a wide variety of calligraphers, lettering artists, graphic designers and typographers, from European masters Rudolf Koch, F. H. Ernst Schneidler and Villu Toots to contemporary American scribes John Stevens, Georgia Deaver and Julian Waters. With examples drawn from research in libraries, museums and artists' studios around the world, Rohrs traces the sources of inspiration which have influenced his own work and the resulting transformation into a highly original personal expression. Carl Rohrs is a lettering artist, graphic designer and typographer. In addition to maintaining a well-known sign painting business in Santa Cruz, Carl teaches calligraphy and graphic design at Cabrillo College in Aptos, and teaches workshops for calligraphy societies throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Japan, Australia and South Africa. His calligraphy is represented in many collections, including the Library's Harrison Collection of Calligraphy & Lettering, in the Book Arts & Special Collections Center.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Sábado 1 de Abril de 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Miércoles 5 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Jueves 6 de Abril de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras