This program will feature an eclectic collection of lettering from a wide variety of calligraphers, lettering artists, graphic designers and typographers, from European masters Rudolf Koch, F. H. Ernst Schneidler and Villu Toots to contemporary American scribes John Stevens, Georgia Deaver and Julian Waters. With examples drawn from research in libraries, museums and artists' studios around the world, Rohrs traces the sources of inspiration which have influenced his own work and the resulting transformation into a highly original personal expression. Carl Rohrs is a lettering artist, graphic designer and typographer. In addition to maintaining a well-known sign painting business in Santa Cruz, Carl teaches calligraphy and graphic design at Cabrillo College in Aptos, and teaches workshops for calligraphy societies throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Japan, Australia and South Africa. His calligraphy is represented in many collections, including the Library's Harrison Collection of Calligraphy & Lettering, in the Book Arts & Special Collections Center.
- Author Discussion: Aloha Kahuna Soul
- Sábado 25 de Junio de 2016, 2:00 pmOcean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones
- Cheddar: America's Most Iconic Cheese
- Miércoles 29 de Junio de 2016, 6:00 pmAnza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- Epigenetics --- A Closer Look at Genes and Environment
- Domingo 10 de Julio de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B