Glenn R. Stewart of the Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group will discuss the peregrine population recovery, and falcons in a changing world, and will bring a live falcon to this event. Falcons that once nested in remote cliffs are now nesting in cities on man-made structures such as buildings and bridges. In 1970 there were only two known nesting pairs of peregrines in California; today the population has recovered to over 250 known nesting pairs, including several in the Bay Area. Co-sponsored by the Business Science and Technology Center and the Wallace Stegner Environmental Center. This is a Green Stacks Program.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Film: Fire and Ice
- Miércoles 26 de Octubre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Sábado 29 de Octubre de 2016, 2:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Film: Islands of Sanctuary
- Miércoles 2 de Noviembre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret