Glenn R. Stewart of the Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group will discuss the peregrine population recovery, and falcons in a changing world, and will bring a live falcon to this event. Falcons that once nested in remote cliffs are now nesting in cities on man-made structures such as buildings and bridges. In 1970 there were only two known nesting pairs of peregrines in California; today the population has recovered to over 250 known nesting pairs, including several in the Bay Area. Co-sponsored by the Business Science and Technology Center and the Wallace Stegner Environmental Center. This is a Green Stacks Program.
Este es un evento de Ecología (Green Stacks).
- Tree Frog Treks
- Martes 2 de Diciembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret
- Sábado 6 de Diciembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Green Bookmobile Digs Science
- Domingo 7 de Diciembre de 2014