Rafea, who lives in a small Jordanian village, is 30 years old with four children and a husband eager to take a third wife. With encouragement from her country's Ministry of Environment, she attends the Barefoot College in India to train to become a solar energy engineer. Students include rural women from Kenya, Burkina Faso, Columbia and Guatemala. This film profiles the Barefoot College and shows how they provide training to the rural poor and empower them to make their communities sustainable. A panel discussion follows the film.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl