Rafea, who lives in a small Jordanian village, is 30 years old with four children and a husband eager to take a third wife. With encouragement from her country's Ministry of Environment, she attends the Barefoot College in India to train to become a solar energy engineer. Students include rural women from Kenya, Burkina Faso, Columbia and Guatemala. This film profiles the Barefoot College and shows how they provide training to the rural poor and empower them to make their communities sustainable. A panel discussion follows the film.
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Movie Time: Chinese New Year
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film: Do the Right Thing
- Thursday, February 5, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium