ITVS Community Cinema
Rafea, who lives in a small Jordanian village, is 30 years old with four children and a husband eager to take a third wife. With encouragement from her country's Ministry of Environment, she attends the Barefoot College in India to train to become a solar energy engineer. Students include rural women from Kenya, Burkina Faso, Columbia and Guatemala. This film profiles the Barefoot College and shows how they provide training to the rural poor and empower them to make their communities sustainable. A panel discussion follows the film.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film: The Wizard of Oz
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- Jueves 2 de Octubre de 2014Excelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- A View to a Kill
- Sábado 4 de Octubre de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones