ITVS Community Cinema
Rafea, who lives in a small Jordanian village, is 30 years old with four children and a husband eager to take a third wife. With encouragement from her country's Ministry of Environment, she attends the Barefoot College in India to train to become a solar energy engineer. Students include rural women from Kenya, Burkina Faso, Columbia and Guatemala. This film profiles the Barefoot College and shows how they provide training to the rural poor and empower them to make their communities sustainable. A panel discussion follows the film.
- Preschool Videos
- Jueves 30 de Junio de 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- Thursdays at Noon films - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- Jueves 30 de Junio de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Jazikidi - Caminos del Amazonas
- Jueves 30 de Junio de 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones