Rafea, who lives in a small Jordanian village, is 30 years old with four children and a husband eager to take a third wife. With encouragement from her country's Ministry of Environment, she attends the Barefoot College in India to train to become a solar energy engineer. Students include rural women from Kenya, Burkina Faso, Columbia and Guatemala. This film profiles the Barefoot College and shows how they provide training to the rural poor and empower them to make their communities sustainable. A panel discussion follows the film.
- Intro to Manga with Karen Luk
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmPark 分館, Park 分館會議室
- Film: The Portrait of a Lady
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 2:00 pmChinatown 華埠分館, 華埠分館會議室
- Family Film: Zootopia (2016)
- 星期六, 2017年１月21日, 3:00 pmNorth Beach 分館, North Beach分館