Rafea, who lives in a small Jordanian village, is 30 years old with four children and a husband eager to take a third wife. With encouragement from her country's Ministry of Environment, she attends the Barefoot College in India to train to become a solar energy engineer. Students include rural women from Kenya, Burkina Faso, Columbia and Guatemala. This film profiles the Barefoot College and shows how they provide training to the rural poor and empower them to make their communities sustainable. A panel discussion follows the film.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- 星期一, 2017年2月27日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- 星期一, 2017年2月27日, 3:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- Video Studio: Open House
- 星期三, 2017年3月1日, 4:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl