Alejandro Murguia, professor of Latina/o studies at San Francisco State University, will discuss the Mexican Revolution of 1910 from the perspective of postcards depicting the conflict, and mailed all over the world.
Photography was a still a new medium at the turn of the century, and battlefield images griped the attention of a public fascinated by the conflict in Mexico.
This slideshow and lecture is part of the Celebrating Mexico exhibit on the third floor of the Main Library, International Center.
- Growing Up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- Thursday, August 6, 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Growing up in San Francisco's Western Neighborhoods
- Saturday, August 8, 2015, 3:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room